the cabbage is cut in half, then each half is finely chopped
Finely chop the onion and pepper, grate the carrot and fry in hot oil (if you use the ribs, first brown it in oil and then add the vegetables).
After the vegetables have softened, add the cabbage and mix well until it decreases in volume, then add a glass of water and let it boil.
Towards the end, add salt and pepper to taste and a little lemon salt for a sour taste. Serve with polenta and hot peppers.
Happy Birthday to all Romanians! Today we eat traditionally. If last years I kept preparing traditional beans with ciolan, this year I opted for sauerkraut with smoked and polenta.
• 1 onion cleaned, washed and finely chopped
• 2 carrots cleaned, washed and grated
• 2 cloves of cleaned garlic and grate
Method of preparation :
1. The smoked ribs are boiled for about 40 minutes.
2. Cut the cabbage into pieces, knead with salt and leave for half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, fry the onion in oil, add the carrots, grated garlic, finely chopped tomato and bay leaves. Leave it on the right heat.
4. Drain the cabbage and add the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Leave it for 20 minutes on high heat, then add the boiled ribs, 1 cup of the juice in which the ribs are boiled and put in the oven for about 1 hour on low heat. When ready, serve with polenta and fresh dill.
Cabbage seasoned with polenta and hot peppers
Cut the onion into cubes. We put the carrot on the grater with large meshes.
Peel a squash, grate it and chop it in half.
We cut the cabbage in half, clean its back and then cut it in half every half.
We start slicing it into strips about the thickness of a finger. I don't like finely chopped and boiled it comes out like a soup :))).
Heat the oil and add the onion and carrot. Heat them lightly until they soften a little. Add the chopped pepper and let it harden a little, stirring.
Add chopped cabbage (do not rub with salt) and bay leaf.
For some time now, we only have to periodically mix in the cabbage. We should not leave much without mixing because we risk smoking it. It will leave a little water but not too much, which will evaporate during boiling.
I boiled it for 30-45 minutes. I like it better, I don't like it boiled until it melts. After about 30 minutes add a little salt, at which point it will leave the water again.
Taste and check and boil it exactly as you like. Add a little more oil if necessary and if it seems dry.
Finally add the chopped dill, tomato paste, pepper and salt if needed.
I served it with polenta and hot peppers.
It goes great with sausage, smoked ribs or sour cream.
About Moldovan sarmales
How many stories have I not heard about these sarmalute moldovenesti! That they would be the best in the world, that they are small (smaller than the little finger) and that only skilled housewives know how to do them, etc. Many of these opinions were issued even by Moldovans, which is why I suspected them of local patriotism. Then I discovered that the Regatans are also ecstatic when they hear about the Moldovan sarmales & # 8230 OK. Will they be so great and good? I always saw them so reddish, drowned in broth (a typical thing for Moldova), with spices other than ours from Transylvania, not even to my taste.
Same with the Moldovan cake & # 8211 myth or reality? I was ambitious to do it and I was not sorry. It is very fine and tasty recipe here.
Carp on baked cabbage, old recipe, Dobrogean
You can read the written recipe or go to the video recipe below, where you see exactly everything I do.
- Cut the cabbage as finely as possible. Add a teaspoon with a pinch of salt and knead well. The cabbage will decrease in volume and soften.
- Add diced bell peppers, chopped hot peppers. Mix everything very well, add the oil and mix.
- Put everything in a pan, add a pinch of pepper and a teaspoon of dried thyme on top and mix everything again.
- Put the tray in the oven at maximum heat (up and down the electric ovens) for 30 minutes, to soften.
- Sprinkle the pieces of fish with salt on one side and on the other, then with pepper and thyme. Let the fish rest. During this time, the salt will "sweeten" the fish, so they say.
- We choose a stronger tomato and put it aside, we will use it for decoration. We cut the rest of the tomatoes at the end of the cross and grate them. See in the video how they do it, it's easier than being scalded.
- After removing the cabbage from the oven, add the tomatoes to the pan, then mix everything well.
- Now add the white wine, I used 150 ml of white wine. We now add half of this amount.
- Place the fish pieces in the tray, with the skin on top, then add the rest of the wine.
- We cut the bay leaf in two and add it to the tray.
- Cut the tomato into slices and add it over the fish pieces. This will be the setting.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil or a lid and put it in the oven at 200-210 degrees Celsius for 30-40 minutes, fire up and down in electric ovens, medium heat in gas ovens. Towards the end, remove the aluminum foil and let the fish brown nicely.
Carp on baked cabbage, old recipe, Dobrogean
-It is used only in fatty fish, which can be freshwater, marine or oceanic. White fish is bland.
-You can also use sauerkraut, not only fresh and you don't use borscht or wine.
-At the end you can use parsley or dill.
-The original variant was with fried foods: the fish was partially fried in oil, and the cabbage was fried with oil or lard. A little hard for my stubborn bile, but very tasty.
I wish you good appetite and don't forget to smile every day.
I also leave the video recipe here:
Recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Carp on baked cabbage, old recipe, Dobrogean
Cabbage with Smoked Sausages and Polenta
Now that I've listed everything you need for this food, it would be time to stop talking.
Wash the cabbage in cold water, squeeze it well and set it aside. We put the bacon that is sliced and notched, fried in a bowl until it leaves the lard and it is fried. We take it aside and on this remaining lard we harden the onion that has been finely chopped until it becomes nicely golden.
Put 50 ml of broth and 200 ml of water over the hardened onions and add the well-squeezed cabbage. Season with salt, pepper, 1/4 teaspoon thyme and Gulyas paste about 1 tablespoon (or 1 teaspoon paprika) and leave on the fire until the cabbage is cooked (the water should drop completely and the cabbage is left to simmer until well soaked).
In another bowl we prepare a vartoosa polenta. We fry the portioned sausages.
We place the sauerkraut on the plate, we put fried sausages and fried bacon on them and next to them we put the hot polenta.
Sarmale in Cabbage Leaves with Polenta
Sarmale recipe in cabbage leaves is loved by all Romanians. Cooked quite often throughout the year, cabbage rolls are indispensable at the Christmas table, along with cozonac and beef salad.
Sarmalele can be prepared with sauerkraut, sweet cabbage or vine leaves. If we prepare them with fresh cabbage, we must scald the cabbage so that the leaves soften and we can pack the sarmales. Instead of water we put borscht or water with lemon juice and tomato paste. It is advisable to use a mixture of pork and beef, and the pork to be breaded with fat, otherwise the sarmales are dry.
Cabbage rolls in cabbage leaves become tastier if we use a larger amount of onion (3 large onions per 1 kg of meat). When we mix all the ingredients, if the sarmale composition seems a bit hard, we add a little more water and mix well.
4 steps to prepare sachets of young cabbage with stuffing!
It only takes 15 minutes to cook. All you have to do is fold the pieces of cheese into cabbage leaves, pass them through the dough and fry them. Even kids will love these crispy sachets!
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Remove the first 6 young cabbage leaves. Carefully cut the hard back from the base of the sheets.
2. Put the cabbage leaves in a saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt and set on fire. When the water starts to boil, leave it under the lid for another minute. Then rinse immediately with cold water.
3. Beat the eggs in one plate and pour the breadcrumbs in another plate. Cut the cheese into 0.5-0.7 cm thick slices. Place a piece of cheese in the middle of each leaf and fold in an envelope.
4. Pass the cheese sachets first through the egg and then through the breadcrumbs. Heat a frying pan with sunflower oil and place the sachets with the folded side down. Fry on each side for 2 minutes.
Serve the cheese sachets immediately until cool. You can use diderite sauces or cream. A quick snack is guaranteed.
Cabbage fasting traditional recipe, easy to prepare. Tempered sauerkraut, simple recipe, sour and tasty, which goes perfectly with polenta and hot peppers.
The food of sauerkraut is perfect even when you are not fasting, with a steak in the oven or on the grill. Fortunately, now you can make fasting cabbage at any time, I saw that there is also summer in supermarkets, packed in a vacuum.
The best fasting cabbage You can definitely make it with sour cabbage that you pickle, but if it's over and you really want to make this recipe, keep in mind that you can also buy cabbage from the store.
The simpler this recipe, the healthier it is. Only natural ingredients are used. You don't need vegeta or other chemicals to add flavor! Vegetables are enough!
And, because it is a fasting food I invite you to be inspired by the fasting menu in my collection of recipes, which you can read if click here.
You can prepare more quality cabbage recipes inspired by the collection you find if click here.
Now I leave the list of ingredients and how to prepare for the best fasting cabbage!
1.2-1.5 Kg sauerkraut
1 large onion
2 medium carrots
3 tablespoons tomato paste
200 ml of tomato juice
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves
2-3 boils ienibahar
1/2 cup oil
I chopped the finely chopped onion, then I added the carrots given through the small grater and the peppers cut into small cubes.
I washed the sauerkraut, cut and removed the stalks, then chopped it into juliennes. I drained the cabbage very well, possibly it can be squeezed in the hand.
I put the cabbage in a pot, along with the chopped vegetables and bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and allspice.
I poured 600-700 ml of hot water and boiled everything over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Then move the cabbage in a heat-resistant dish, add the pasta and tomato juice, mix until smooth and bake at 200 ° C for about 50 minutes. Stir from time to time to check if the sauce has dropped enough and does not stick.
When the cabbage is evenly tempered, take it out of the oven and serve it with polenta.
I invite you to follow me on the YouTube channel. Don't forget to ring the bell to be notified when I post a new recipe.
I also invite you to the group I cook with friends - Tasty recipes.
LIVER WITH MAMALIGUTA AND CABBAGE
Oh my. You made me want this recipe, I have to admit that it's been a while since I last made liver, I like to put some red wine to the end.
valentina ionita (Chef de cuisine), June 5, 2009
I like livers a lot. Let them be sauteed, breaded, grilled.
burdulea maria elena (Chef de cuisine), June 4, 2009
Whenever I prepare liver, I add thyme and a little broth, it's delicious. I can't give up thyme, I associate the taste of the liver with thyme, My parents always added thyme when preparing caltabos and they were delicious.
Niko Stan (Chef), April 30, 2009
I haven't tried thyme yet, it sounds delicious :)
burdulea maria elena (Chef de cuisine), April 29, 2009
When I cook liver, I always season it with thyme. I find the liver and thyme a wonderful combination.