- Dish type
- Banana smoothie
Really easy, perfect for breakfasts and snacks. Trust me it's delicious and great for kids to make.
Hampshire, England, UK
10 people made this
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 500ml milk
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Place the bananas in a food processor or blender and blend till smooth. Add the milk and blend for a further 10 to 20 seconds. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
You could add extra ingredients if wanted. Please review! Thank you so much!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Hi! Please review! Have fun making it!I hope you enjoy it. You can add honey if you want as a sweetner.-01 Nov 2015
It was too complicated for me.-23 Apr 2017
Perfect Banana Smoothie
Tired of the same old ways to eat a banana? (Out of the peel is so outdated.) Enter: this banana smoothie! To us, this is the most perfect banana smoothie. It’s got just the right creamy texture and beautifully banana-forward flavor. Because here’s the thing: smoothies aren’t as easy to throw together it seems. Throwing random quantities of banana and milk into a blender is not the way to do it. (Trust us: we tried.) Instead, we tinkered with this recipe to make it just right. And consider the code cracked.
Easy Coffee banana smoothie recipe
Easy to make coffee banana smoothie recipe with video, using Instant coffee powder, frozen banana and milk as main ingredients. Summer is at it’s peak, and many of us prefer to have something light and refreshing breakfast. Also hot drinks are not preferred by many during summer mornings, and we switch to cold coffee. This easy coffee banana smoothie is a combo of banana, coffee and milk makes a filling breakfast and also the addition of coffee in it makes it refreshing for coffee lovers.
We can add some chia seeds in this breakfast smoothie and make it more healthy.
To make it rich and more exotic a scoop of Coffee ice cream can be topped while serving or blended with the coffee banana smoothie.
After trying out 2 interesting desserts using Levista premium Instant coffee powder, i decided to try out this breakfast smoothie using it. It was a super hit at home and the flavor of the coffee in the smoothie is loved by everyone.
Levista coffee is available in stores all over India, and also available on amazon too.
Recipe Cusine: Indian Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: Nil Serves: 1/2 cup
Author: Jeyashri Recipe Category: Breakfast
Description: Easy to make coffee banana smoothie recipe with video, using Instant coffee powder, frozen banana and milk as main ingredients.
Levista Instant coffee powder 1 – 1.25 tsp
Chia seeds 1/2 tsp (optional)
Chilled milk 1 cup
Sugar 1 tblsp
Banana Foot Cramp Cure
Ever have a nasty foot cramp? I used to have them all the time when I was pregnant, and my mother-in-law told me to eat a banana every day because of the potassium. It really does work. Kinda like an apple a day, except in this case its a banana.
Even if you're not suffering from a foot cramp, a banana smoothie on a hot day is just right. Not a banana-lover? Swap out the banana for some strawberries, peaches, or some other fruit or berry. Add in a little flax seed for an extra health kick.
Now, you could make this in a regular old blender. or, you could prepare this in a Mason jar. It's really quite simple.
Are you kidding me? (Kinda like those Mason jar salads)
So seriously. Go, check it out! Really. Because it makes preparing a smoothie at breakfast or for an after school snack super fast and super easy. And who doesn't want to get a little more of a healthy boost to their morning? I know I do!
Substitutions and Suggestions for Banana Berry Smoothies
- The nutritional benefits of these smoothies are amazing! With the blend of bananas, strawberries, blueberries and orange juice, you get a boost of potassium, vitamin C, fiber, magnesium, folic acid and antioxidants among others.
- Add Greek yogurt to this smoothie instead of regular, which will add extra protein and probiotics.
- Using frozen fruit will help make this berry smoothie thicker and help it stay colder than using fresh fruit.
- Speaking of frozen fruit, freeze your bananas to use in this smoothie. Peel bananas, then slice them into large slices. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper, then stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once the banana slices are frozen, pop them into a plastic baggie and put back in the freezer. Then you have frozen bananas on hand any time you need them!
- Add avocado for an extra creamy texture. You won’t taste the flavor!
- Try adding peaches, raspberries, blackberries, mango, pineapple or any fruit you like. With this simple recipe you can make dozens of refreshing smoothies!
- If you don’t mind the color, you can toss in a handful of baby spinach leaves for added vitamins.
- Make these berry smoothies the night before! Blend the ingredients together, then pour into freezer safe jars and freeze. Allow to defrost on the counter for a few hours before serving.
Banana smoothie recipes
Bananas are a great choice for making homemade smoothies. Use them as a base and add different fruits for a quick and easy blended drink.
Quick and easy to make, this banana, prune, almond milk and nut butter smoothie is an ideal on-the-go energy boost
Forest fruit & banana smoothie
For a smooth start to your day try this ultra-easy breakfast drink
Mango & banana smoothie
Cool down this summer with a fresh and fruity smoothie
Coconut & banana smoothie
This creamy smoothie is packed with nutritious ingredients. Baobab adds a tangy, sherbet flavour and is high in fibre, antioxidants and vitamin C
Peanut butter smoothie
Whizz up a quick and filling peanut butter smoothie, with rolled oats and banana. Brilliant for breakfast, you can freeze the banana for extra thickness
Banana, honey & hazelnut smoothie
A delicious, dairy-free smoothie that makes a satisfying snack or filling breakfast drink, made with soya milk, fruit, warming nutmeg and chopped nuts
Banana, clementine & mango smoothie
Kick-start your day with this deliciously refreshing drink, made with fresh fruit and yogurt. It's rich in vitamin C and counts as one of your 5-a-day
Strawberry & banana almond smoothie
Kick-start your day with this healthy fruit smoothie, made extra filling with ground almonds and calcium-packed dairy
Make the most of the berry season with a glass of fruity goodness
This sweet smoothie packs in plenty of nutritious ingredients, such as spinach, flaxseeds and banana, with an optional spoonful of maca powder for a natural energy boost
Açaí is a hero ingredient - reputed to be one of the best antioxidants, it makes the perfect base for a fruit smoothie. Combine with pineapple, strawberries and banana
Tropical breakfast smoothie
Start your day with this fruity blend of passion fruits, mango, orange and banana. It's a good source of vitamin C and provides 1 of your 5-a-day, too
Go Bananas! - 13 recipes
Do you like banana pie? Then you'll love these soft yet crunchy cookies that are packed with flavors of banana and .
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nilla Wafters, crushed (optional)
Banana Ice Cream Recipe
In a large heavy saucepan, heat half-and-half to 175° stir in sugar and salt until dissolved
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- Dash salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
Banana Bread Brownies
More dense than banana bread, this dessert is rich and filling
- BANANA BREAD BARS:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas, mashed, about 3 to 4
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- BROWN BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cups butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon milk
Banana Roll with Cheesecake Filling
The flavor reminds me of banana cream pie
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- BANANA CAKE:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (around 1 large banana)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (for sprinkling over cake)
Clean Banana Bread
Finally put those browning bananas to use with a delicious and moist banana bread - no sugar necessary
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free applesauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
Bethenny's Boo Boo Banana Bread
Banana bread is already amazing, add chocolate chips and you have the best recipe ever
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (regular or nondairy)
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (2 or 3)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Banana Split Fluff Salad
Whip together this fun dessert for your family or for your next party! Banana Split Fluff Salad is an exciting twis.
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding , please do not use Banana flavored pudding)
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped + 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Cheesecake and fruit side dish "salad," for when you are looking for something sweet
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 16 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 regular size tub cool whip
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box no bake cheese cake filling
- 1 to 2 containers sliced up strawberries
- 3 to 4 sliced up bananas
Maple-Banana Tart (Tarte Tatin)
Ripe bananas but tired of banana bread? Maple-Banana Tart is a special dessert that's easy to make when you start w.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 to 7 ripe bananas, sliced into rounds 1/2-inch thick
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving
Banana Split Fluff Salad
Enjoy all your favorite banana split toppings in a creamy pudding dessert salad!
Chocolate Thin Mint Protein Smoothie
I’m still on the east coast, and it has been nice and toasty in Jersey with temperatures in the low to mid 90s. So naturally today I want to talk about smoothies – more specifically, what has been probably my favorite smoothie for all of 2015 thus far.
I first came up with this Chocolate “Thin Mint” Smoothie when it was Girl Scout cookie season and I kept craving chocolate + mint. Since then I’ve made it countless times – minimum once a week all year long. It’s the perfect post-nighttime workout meal because it doubles as a healthy dose of protein and goodness plus dessert in one…. and we all know that I’m all about things that taste like dessert but are secretly healthy.
I’ve posted numerous photos of this smoothie on my social media channels since it became an obsession. People often ask for the recipe, so I decided it was time to share it on this pretty little blog of mine. To make this deliciousness, I combine ingredients like chocolate almond milk, chocolate protein powder, 1/2 frozen banana, cocoa powder and peppermint extract. I also use either Halo Top or Arctic Zero mint chip high-protein ice cream, which gives it some added awesome creaminess.
To give it that extra something, I love to top the smoothie with some sort of chopped chocolate – my favorite being Bark Thins dark chocolate mint pieces. Trust me when I tell you that if you love chocolate + mint, smoothies and dessert… you’ll love this recipe!
There are only 4 ingredients in this banana smoothie, and the recipe may be customized for dairy free and vegan diets as outlined in the ingredient notes below.
- Bananas. For best results, use ripe but firm bananas. Overly brown bananas will result in a brown smoothie. Be sure to freeze sliced bananas for the ultimate thick, frosty banana smoothie.
- Milk. Any type of milk will work well in this recipe. For vegan and dairy free diets, coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk are great options.
- Greek yogurt. Use plain Greek yogurt for a high protein, low sugar smoothie. For vegan and dairy free diets, substitute with your favorite non dairy yogurt.
3-Ingredient Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe
This super simple 3-Ingredient Pineapple Banana Smoothie is so delicious and easy to make, you’ll want to have it every day for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
- 1 Cup of Frozen Pineapple, cubed
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- Optional: 2 Teaspoons of Chia Seeds
- Optional: 1 Cup of Chocolate Protein Powder
- Place the frozen pineapple and banana in a blender.
- Add the almond milk and chia seeds.
- Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
If you don't want it to have a lot of banana flavor, you can use half a frozen banana.
If you want to increase your protein intake, you can add chocolate protein powder, and it will also give it a really good sweet taste.
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES?
Check out this easy and healthy watermelon smoothie recipe (ready in 2 minutes!).
If you are craving it, then save it!
*Some posts on this site contain affiliate links, meaning if purchase an item from Amazon through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you!). These are all products/services I use and love and I feel confident will help you as well. Thanks!*