We bake the peppers on a baking tray, or where you bake them, depending on the possibilities.
after they are baked, we put them in a bowl, sprinkle them with high salt and cover them with a lid.
we leave them there until they cool, then we peel them, and we remove their backs and seeds.
we wash the meat well, we tampon it with some kitchen napkins and then we cut it into pieces.
In a pan put 2-3 tablespoons of oil and put the meat, which we leave for about 2 minutes, both on one side and the other, to get the blood out of it.
cover it well with water, froth it until it starts to boil, then cover the pan with a lid and let the meat boil for about half.
clean the onion and finely chop it.
peel the tomatoes and cut them into cubes.
after the meat is half cooked, add the onion and tomatoes.
if the meat still needs water, add more, but hot.
when the meat is almost cooked, add the baked peppers, broken strips, tomato paste and donut paste.
season everything with salt and pepper.
we leave the food on the fire for a while, until all the flavors intertwine.
Smoked Pork Muscles
We cut the pork into suitable pieces if it is meat (we cut it into longer strips the thickness of a pork chop, we do not leave the whole meat because it will be harder to die). If we take mussels or chops, we leave the whole piece and give them plenty of coarse salt. We put the salted meats in a plastic bowl and cover them with a napkin.
Let the meat ripen for 4 days (during this time we turn them once a day). After the 4 days have passed, remove the meat, wipe it with a dry napkin, drill one end and pull a string through each piece and put them in a well ventilated place (I put them on the balcony tied on wire clothesline) where we leave them to dry for about 2 days.
When they are well ventilated, we put them in the smoker for about 2 days (if you want them to be more smoky, keep them in the smoke for 3 days) 3-4 hours / day. We hang the pieces of meat at about 1.5 m from the fire source and only after the fire no longer burns with the flame.
Initially we make the fire with wood, we let more embers form then we put sawdust over it (the sawdust should not be made of softwood), we let it burn, then after the flame has gone out and only smoke comes out we put the pieces of meat to smoke. The meat turns reddish after being smoked. It is taken from the smoke and for about 2 days it is ventilated in a cool place (also on the balcony in my case, and if you have patience, if not. You can consume it :))).
From now on it can be eaten raw as an appetizer or in various dishes.
- a piece of boneless chop about 1 kg
- 1 small eggplant
- a zucchini
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 150 g green beans
- 2-3 green onions
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- thyme, paprika, ginger powder
Season the meat with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, ginger and brown it on both sides in a pan with olive oil.
We then transfer it to an oven tray with higher walls and put the surrounding vegetables around. We cut them according to everyone's preference into cubes, slices, rounds, etc & # 8230
Sprinkle the spices listed above on vegetables, sprinkle with olive oil and cover the tray with aluminum foil.
Put in the preheated oven for about 1 hour over medium heat. Enjoy!
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".
Bean meal with pork muscles
Tasty and tasty, eating beans with pork muscles it is an inspired choice for the moments when you need a quick and good preparation. Smoked pork gives it a special aroma and taste, and beans are beneficial for digestion. In addition, beans are one of the favorite foods of Romanians, and can be combined with other types of meat, especially sausages.
This food can be eaten hot or cold the next day on toast. You can serve it with freshly chopped parsley or a simple lettuce, with lemon and olive oil, for extra fiber and nutrients.
400 gr beans, 1/2 small celery, 1 large onion, 1 carrot, 5 tablespoons tomato sauce with pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste, 70 ml oil, 500 gr smoked pork muscle ( homemade), 5 strands of green parsley.
Method of preparation
The beans (chosen) are boiled with cold water (2 l), after 10 minutes the water is replaced. The procedure is repeated twice and the boiling is continued.
Wash the vegetables (carrot, celery, onion), clean them and cut them into cubes.
a pan heat the oil and add the sliced muscle.
Fry well on both sides and then remove to a plate.
In the remaining fat, add the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add 1 liter of water, tomato sauce with peppers, put the lid on and let it boil for about 20 minutes.
After this time add thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
Put the boiled beans in a heat-resistant dish, add the sauce and the muscle slices.
The sauce should cover the beans and the muscle slices.
Put the dish (uncovered) in the oven for 30-40 minutes, at 180C, until it gets a fine crust.
Serve with finely chopped parsley.
Pork stew with onion and roasted pepper
500 g pork, 5 onions, 5 baked peppers (we had frozen), a bay leaf, salt, pepper, hot paprika, a teaspoon of bullion, 400 ml soup, 50 ml oil, ½ parsley link, mat matar link
Difficulty: low | Time: 1h
Ingredient pork chop the pan
- 2 slices of pork chop with bone, about 300 grams / piece
- juice from an orange / lemon / a glass of white wine / freshly squeezed sour apple juice etc. + water until the amount of liquid reaches 500 ml.
- 40 grams of coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 30 grams of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- thyme, rosemary (optional)
How do we choose the meat for the pork chop steak in the pan?
I'm not going to start listing things like "use fresh meat" & # 8211 are things that everyone knows. In addition to these implied, the following must be taken into account:
1. Choose slices of chop with bone for this steak. The bone will not only taste the steak, but it is also a good conductor of heat, which will help to obtain evenly cooked pieces of steak.
In more detail, the chop is located between the ribs and the fork. If you can, ask the butcher (or cut yourself) for the meat so that the ribs remain attached to the main muscle, along with the meat in the rib area, which is fuller of fat, which will help with the texture. The fork bone is more suitable to remove, it does not help much to the final appearance of the steak. I prefer slices of pork chop with attached ribs, about 15-17 cm long.
2. Do not degrease the chop too much for this steak. It's good to be surrounded by a layer of fat of 0.5-1 cm , which will melt and in which we will cook the steak. We do not add oil!
3. Slices of pork chop with bone to have a thickness around 4 cm . If you have thinner chop slices, I recommend cooking them with sauce (see the recipe for escalope with mushrooms), to do a pork schnitzel and so on The cooking method I present below it does not match thin slices of boned chop.
Necessary utensils / materials
We'll need a few things to cook this pork chop steak with bone in the pan.
- First of all, a good pan, preferably cast iron. I used a cast iron pan, but if you don't have one, you can use another pan with a very thick bottom, which retains heat well.
- We will also need a casserole large enough and deep enough to fit its meat and marinade. If we don't have such a thing, a new ziplock bag will replace it perfectly.
- Indicated, but not absolutely necessary, is a thermometer with instant reading. It will help us determine exactly the optimal cooking time of the meat, but with more attention to detail, we can do without it. Anyway, such a thermometer costs a maximum of 50 lei and will be helpful for other dishes, so it's a good investment, I say.
Preparation of pork chop in the pan
Orange juice appears on the list of ingredients at some point, with suggestions for replacement with fresh apple juice, lemon juice or wine. The idea is that for this pan-fried pork chop steak we will need a sweet-sour marinade. I used the juice of a large orange, but you can also use other substances with the same properties. The marinade can be prepared even from water, about 40 ml. of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Eventually, it will act on the meat in exactly the same way as my marinade with orange juice. The liquid marinade, slightly sour-sweet and well salted, will make the meat tenderer and tastier, salting it deeply.
1. The slices of pork chop with bone are tamponed with absorbent kitchen towels and pricked in a few places with a fork, thus favoring the penetration of the marinade in depth.
2. Place the pork chop slices in a deep saucepan or solid ziplock bag. Mix orange / lemon juice etc. with water until it reaches 500 ml. of liquid. Add the coarse salt and mix well until dissolved.
Note: yes, there are more than two slices of pork chop in my casserole. Obviously, as you marinate two slices, you can marinate them up to 5-6, turning them from side to side several times during marinating.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat and make sure it covers well. Cover the pan with the lid / foil or close the bag with a ziplock and & # 8230 in the fridge! For how long? For a minimum of 4 hours, ideal overnight. Marinating can take up to 48 hours. During the marinade, we intervene several times, turning the pork chop slices from one side to the other.
Bringing to room temperature
1. Remove the slices of pork chop from the marinade and dab them well with paper towels. We can throw away the marinade, it kind of fulfilled its purpose. Spread the meat on a mincer / tray, plate and leave the slices to rest, not overlapping, for at least 1 hour , to return to the kitchen temperature. Yes, the cooking process starts by not immediately cooking the chop slices and this step is not optional, but as essential as possible for the final result.
2. Heat the heavy pan over medium-high heat (position 11 on the induction hob). For starters, I place the pork chop slices in the pan with the fat side down. They don't really want to sit in that position. I keep them with the kitchen tongs, I support them with each other and the fat starts to sizzle soon. In this phase, which lasts about 2-3 minutes, I try to melt as much of the fat layer as possible.
3. After I get a little fat in the pan, place the slices of pork chop with one side down. Not for long, just 1 minute.
4. After a minute, turn the pork chop slices on the opposite side. As you can see, they already have reddish marks on the side that was in the pan. Let the chops cook for 1 minute on this side as well.
5. After both sides of the pork chop slices are sealed by browning, reduce medium heat (position 8 on the induction hob) . Cut the slices with the bone side down and keep them like this for 2-3 minutes.
6. After making sure that the bone is cooked, place the slices of meat back in their natural position. From minute to minute, turn the pork chop slices on the opposite side. We repeat this 8-10 times. I mean, we'll cook them at medium heat another 8-10 minutes. I would say 8 minutes for a weight under 300 grams per slice, respectively 10 minutes for a weight around 340-350 grams / slice.
Note: for a grilled steak or beef steak, it is important not to turn the meat more than once from one side to the other. But this is a pork steak. We want the pork steak to be cooked evenly and deeply, so we turn it from side to side as many times as needed.
Passive cooking and rest of the meat after cooking
7. After cooking for 8-10 minutes or, more precisely, when the meat reaches the internal temperature of 58 ° C inside (measured in the thickest part, without touching the bone), turn off the heat and pull the pan aside. The heavy cast iron pan will keep the temperature high enough to cook our steaks to the end. Now add the butter, the garlic cloves pressed with the knife blade and a few sprigs of thyme or rosemary to the pan. Season the meat with freshly ground pepper, in abundance.
8. Gently tilt the pan and, with a large spoon, take the melted butter and pour it over the pork chop slices. We turn on the opposite side and repeat. Let the steak slices rest in the pan (not on the fire, I repeat!), For 7-8 minutes. During this time, sprinkle them a few more times with melted butter full of flavors. During the rest, the meat will continue to cook until it reaches the internal temperature of 63-70 ° C (as you prefer). At 63 ° C it will obviously be juicier and pinker than at 70 ° C and according to the new food safety standards, the internal temperature of 63 ° C (145 ° F) is considered safe for consumption.
Serve with a salad or your favorite garnish and enjoy a wonderful steak! If you follow the recipe, you will come out exactly the same next time. May it be useful to you!
Pork steak with baked peppers
You'd say this is a summer food, maybe because we usually cook peppers, especially in summer, when they are everywhere and cheaper. Or they were, it seems to me that this year they have all become more expensive in markets and supermarkets. Anyway, the idea you have to keep in mind is that you can make baked peppers even now, just have a good hood if you make them at home. You will see below why.
For a weaker steak use chop. Whole piece, so make sure it doesn't dry completely when baked.
Sprinkle a mixture of peppercorns, hard salt and dried rosemary over the meat on all sides. Put the meat on a baking sheet, in a pan, tray in the oven. Leave the meat at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
While the meat is in the oven, put a pan on the fire, sprinkle with oil and fry the peppers.
After you have fried the peppers on all sides, over high heat, sprinkle a little salt on them, leave them for five minutes under a towel and then clean them of the skin. Squeeze lemon juice over them, mix with chopped garlic, parsley and a little olive oil.
Until the meat rests after cooking (15 minutes), let the peppers befriend each other and the juice around them.
For the garnish, I suggest a piece of cold polenta.
Pork tenderloin with sauteed vegetables
Pork tenderloin with sauteed vegetables. This pork tenderloin recipe with sauteed vegetables, cooks in about 40 minutes and is delicious. Pork tenderloin is a lean meat that has a very low caloric intake and is very healthy. This dish is suitable for both lunch and dinner and is ideal in diets. Sauteed vegetables are a healthy garnish, full of color and vitamins.
Pork tenderloin ingredients with sauteed vegetables:
- 2 pieces of pork muscle (850 g)
- 1 hot pepper
- half a zucchini (100 g)
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper (100 g)
- a red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 mushrooms
- half an eggplant (40 g)
- 25 g of butter
- a carrot (35 g)
- 2 bunches of broccoli (60 g)
- salt and pepper.
Preparing pork tenderloin with sauteed vegetables:
In the grill pan, melt the butter. Wash the muscle, season it with salt, pepper and put it in the pan. Cut the hot pepper and add it over the mussels.Put the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the normal pan, then add the red pepper. Meanwhile, prepare a smaller saucepan and when the water starts to boil, add the broccoli and leave it for 2 minutes.After leaving the pepper for 3 minutes on low heat, put the carrot, red onion and leave them for 3 minutes.Put the mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant cubes and broccoli. Let them simmer for 20 minutes and stir from time to time (for the first 10 minutes, cover with a lid to soften the vegetables).Towards the end, season with salt and pepper.After 10 minutes, when the muscle acquires a crust, we turn it on the other side.After it has acquired the crust, we turn it over on the other 2 parts for about 15 minutes (or until we consider that it is done, depending on its thickness, it may take longer).
|Complexity||Preparation time||Nr. servings|
|low||45 minutes ||4-6 servings |
If you like my recipes, don't forget to like the page Facebook to keep up to date with the news on the blog.
Holiday Recipe: Pork muscles with lime
We recommend a healthy pork steak with lime, which can be a viable option for the festive Christmas or New Year's Eve meal.
Recipe: Veal chops with baked peppers
Ingredients for veal chops with baked peppers
& # 8211 1 kg of vital chops, 1 kg of capsicum, 100 ml of olive oil, 1 lemon, 2 - 3 cucumbers, 3 sprigs of rosemary, green parsley, green garlic, salt, pepper.
Preparation Veal chops with baked peppers
Cut the veal chops into 2 cm thick slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grease with a little oil. The chop pieces are grilled or in a pan. Bake the peppers on the grill or on the stove. Sprinkle with salt and place in a saucepan covered with a lid to steam. Thus, baked peppers will be easier to clean the skin. Prepare a sauce of 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, greens, and finely chopped garlic. Grate the cucumbers and put them in the sauce. Add salt and pepper. The chops with baked peppers are served with the prepared sauce.