- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Apple crumble
Soft stewed apples and mixed berries are topped with a crunchy crumble topping. This recipe is sure to become a family favourite!
8 people made this
- 1kg green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 160g caster sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g plain flour
- 75g brown sugar
- 100g butter, finely chopped
- 45g flaked almonds
- 500g frozen mixed berries
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a large baking dish.
- Combine apples, 60g caster sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan; cover and cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the apples start to soften. Set apples aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine self-raising flour, plain flour, brown sugar and remaining caster sugar in a large bowl. Add butter and rub into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the almonds.
- Stir the berries into the apple mixture. Spoon fruit into prepared dish. Sprinkle crumble over fruit mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (0)
- 1 ½ cups Quaker® Oats (Quick or Old Fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 8- or 9-inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Add melted butter mix well.
Set aside 3/4 cup oat mixture for topping.
Press remaining oat mixture firmly onto bottom and sides of pie plate.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack.
Using same bowl, stir together pie filling, cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon.
Spoon filling over hot crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle reserved oat topping evenly over filling.
It can be both savory and sweet. Cup of sugar and mix well.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Recipe Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Rhubarb Crumble Recipes Rhubarb Crumble
STEP 2 this recipe covers 100g fruit.
Crumble mix. I made the recipe exactly as written and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy a quick and easy dessert that can be made in under half an hour and put in. 01022021 Mix ingredients Add brown sugar cinnamon powder and mix until sugar dissolves.
05042019 Preheat the oven to 200C400Fgas 6. 19062020 My husband and amateur food critic son loved this ultimate berry crumble. Method STEP 1 Rub the fat to the flour add sugar spread over the fruit.
Peel and core the apples then quarter and chop into 3cm chunks. 03022021 5 For the crumble mix the flour Parmesan dried herbs and some seasoning in a bowl. 31102008 For the apple and berry filling.
Pour sugar mixture in an oven-safe rectangle baking dish. 27032020 A crumble is a baked dish with a streusel topping. 22062015 Make the crumble topping.
Spread the apple slices evenly in a shallow dish add the remaining. 14102010 Combine the flour ground almonds if using and butter in a food processor or large bowl and pulse briefly or rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles very coarse breadcrumbs with. 6 Sprinkle crumble mixture over.
This damson and apple crumble will go down a. Then add apple juice vanilla extract and cook. Cup of sugar cinnamon powder and lemon juice and mix well.
Anytime you have a craving for something sweet you can give this recipe a try. Mix the bag of frozen summer or forest fruits with the apple and caster sugar in a 12-litre ovenproof dish and top with the crumble mix. For the classic.
Chef Amritas recipe easily serves four to six people and takes less than an hour to make. A simple apple crumble recipe for autumn or a rhubarb crumble for earlier in the year are comfort food classics. Pour mixture Remove from heat.
Sieve the flour and salt together into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Place in a saucepan on a medium heat with 100g of sugar and a few fine. Artboard Copy 6 Damson crumble.
Raymond Blanc pre-cooks his crumble topping in this apple. Add the cubed butter and using your fingers work it into the flour mixture until moist clumps. Make this classic rhubarb crumble for an easy family-friendly dessert.
For those who expressed. 1 day ago Recently celebrity chef Amrita Raichand shared her recipe for strawberry crumble. View this post on Instagram.
Artboard Copy 6 Plum crumble. Remember to add 75g granulated sugar to the fruit. The streusel topping gives a lovely crispy texture to the crumble after getting baked.
Artboard Copy 6 Rhubarb crumble. 13092020 To make the filling mix the apples brown sugar vanilla cinnamon and water together in a bowl then leave to marinate while you make the crumble. Running low on.
Eleanor ViolaHolding Back EP Erculean RecordingsReleased on. A post shared by Chef Amrita Raichand amritaraichand Ingredients. In this apple flapjack crumble recipe Mary Cadogan recommends sweetening the apples with apricot jam.
31052016 How to make a crumble Classic combination. To make the crumble put the flour. I use our freezer storage boxes and divide up.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour sugars and salt. Blackberry version to avoid a gluey. Provided to YouTube by Label Worx LtdCrumble Original Mix.
12082019 You can make a bulk of it 21 ratio with the flour and butter and then add in sugar 3 tablespoons per 100g of flour and then freeze. Use seasonal rhubarb and a. Rub in butter using your fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
The Best Of British Puddings An Easy Apple Crumble Recipe Recipe Apple Crumble Recipe Crumble Recipe Easy Apple Crumble
Strawberry Crumble Recipe Diethood Strawberry Crumble Recipe Crumble Recipe Recipes
This Super Easy Apple Crumble Recipe Is Given An Extra Burst Of Fall Flavor By Adding A Pumpkin Spice M Easy Apple Crumble Pumpkin Spice Recipe Pumpkin Recipes
Mixed Berry Crumble Keto Gluten Free Keto Recipes Easy Best Gluten Free Recipes Low Carb Gluten Free
Classic Crumble Mix And Four Fillings Recipe Delicious Magazine Recipe Crumble Recipe Apple Crumble Recipe Filling Recipes
Crumb Topping For Pies Muffins Casseroles Oatmeal Or Cupcakes From Cupcake Project Crumb Topping For Pie Desserts Baking
Crumb Topping Cupcake Project Recipe Streusel Topping Recipe Crumb Topping Recipe Crumb Topping
Apple Crumble Recipe Made With Stevia Recipe Apple Crumble Recipe Stevia Recipes Crumble Recipe
Quick Crumble Mix Recipe Bbc Good Food Recipes Fruit Crumble Crumble Recipe
A Classic And Traditional Crumble Mix Recipe Made Like Your Grandmother Used To Perfect For Topping Your Crumble Topping Basic Crumble Recipe Crumble Recipe
Apple Crumble Recipe Recipe Crumble Recipe Apple Crumble Recipe Bbc Good Food Recipes
Peach Crumble Recipe Old Skool Recipes Recipe Peach Crumble Peach Dessert Recipes Crumble Recipe
Irish Apple Crumble Gemma S Bigger Bolder Baking Recipe Crumble Recipe Topping Apple Crumble Crumble Recipe
How To Make Crumble Topping For Fruit Pies Crazy For Crust Recipe Crumb Topping Recipe Crumble Topping How To Make Crumble
Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe Fork Knife Swoon Cranberry Crumble Recipe Cranberry Recipes Crumble Recipe
Nigel Slater S Apple Crumble Recipe Recipe Crumble Recipe Bbc Good Food Recipes Apple Crumble Recipe
Basic Crumble Topping Recipe Recipe Basic Crumble Recipe Crumble Recipe Topping Food Processor Recipes
Prepare the Apple Bake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until it forms large crumbs. Set aside.
Combine the apple mixture ingredients and spread on the bottom of a deep nine-inch (23-centimeter) oven-to-tableware dish.
Combine mixed berry layer in a medium-sized bowl. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then spread it over the apple layer in the baking dish.
Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the mixed fruit layer. Place the baking dish on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 55&ndash60 minutes.
Berry Crumble Bars
- Crust and topping: A buttery, lemon scented dough is used as both the crust and topping. Press half of it into the bottom of a pan, and reserve the rest for crumbling over the fruit.
- Berries! Here’s where you can adapt this recipe to suit your taste (or whichever berries you have on hand). I like a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries (as pictured). You can absolutely use all of one berry or a mix of 2 or 3. Cornstarch thickens the berry mixture and a touch of lemon compliments the fresh flavors.
Tips for Berry Crumble Bars
These bars really are the perfect summer dessert. We like them straight from the fridge or at room temperature. And maybe, just maybe, you could justify eating one for breakfast. Fruit = breakfast food, right?
If you really want to take these over the top, you can serve them with ice cream or whipped cream. I happened to have vanilla blackberry swirl ice cream in my freezer, and it was the amazing on these bars. Vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream would also be great.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July! Check out the list below for more summer recipe inspiration.
- 4TH OF JULY RECIPES – A simple dessert made with fresh or frozen berries. – Easy and elegant! – You can add blueberries, too – Enjoy it warm, cold or room temp. – RED, WHITE AND BLUE! – Cutest dessert ever. – Indoor s’mores ready in 10 minutes. – Top it with sparklers! – Dangerously delicious. – Fresh, colorful and loaded with flavor.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE to our free EMAIL LIST – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM
Note July 2018: I changed this recipe just slightly. After a few comments requesting a larger quantity, I increased the recipe to make a 9吉 pan. I also added a bit of lemon to brighten the berry flavors.
Mixed Berry Crumble
Published: August 18, 2020 · Last Modified: August 18, 2020 by Chloe · No Comments · 91 words. · About 1 minute to read this article.
Berry crumble is the perfect winter warmer. This divine crumble has a bubbling layer of hot berries topped with a spiced, crispy crumble.
The secret to making this quick and easy crumble is a bag of frozen mixed berries! Frozen berries are cheaper, last longer, and are always picked in season.
I top my crumble with a generous serve of ice cream or pouring cream. It's the perfect winter indulgence!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. You can also line the pan with foil or parchment before greasing the pan to ensure they do not stick.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pulse the mixture in the food processor a few times to incorporate the ingredients. Add in the butter and continue to pulse the food processor until the mixture comes together and small clumps form. Add in the egg and pulse again to combine.
- If you do not own a food processor, you can use a pastry blender or two forks to cut the butter into the flour mixture. It will take a little more time, but it is totally doable.
- Spoon half of the crumble mixture into the prepared pan and use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to pat the mixture into an even and compact crust layer.
- Add your berries to a large bowl and gently toss them with the lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Sprinkle the cornstarch and sugar mixture over the top of the berries and gently toss to cover the berries with the mixture. Pour berries evenly over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining crumble topping over the berries. To make little clumps, simple squeeze the crumble topping in your hand and sprinkle the crumbs to create a topping layer. Sprinkle pecans on top of crumble topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown. Cool completely before serving.
- Serve these berry crumble bars alone, or slightly warmed up with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Mixed Berry and Apple Crumble with Chocolate Coconut Crumb
Is there anything tastier than fresh organic produce, put together in a dish that is also really easy to make?! Look no further than this Mixed Berry and Apple Crumble with Chocolate Coconut Crumb.
So to celebrate all things Organic Awareness Month, I have teamed up with my friends at Woolworths to showcase their Macro Certified Organic range of deliciousness. This recipe in particular puts the Frozen Mixed Berries, Royal Gala Apples, Cacao Powder, Cacao Nibs and Maca Powder to exceptional use to what I think you will find a yummy outcome.
Anytime I create a recipe for you guys my aim is to tick a number of boxes to make looking after your health really simple:
First off, the recipe should be quick and simple so anyone can do it.
It should celebrate nutrient density, meaning each and every ingredient is packed with what helps your body thrive on the inside and out.
And it should celebrate the most delicious in-season ingredients that have been sourced ethically and sustainably.
As always this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free to keep your kitchen clean!
For the Apple Berry Filling
500g Macro Certified Organic Frozen Mixed Berries
2 Macro Certified Organic Royal Gala Apples, diced into small cubes
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup, optional
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the Choc Coconut Crumb
1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 pecans, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons Macro Certified Organic Cacao Powder
2 tablespoons Macro Certified Organic Cacao Nibs
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon Macro Certified Organic Maca Powder
1 teaspoon vanilla seeds or extract
Get started by preheating your oven to 160C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
For your crumble, combine the listened ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Spread them across the prepared baking tray and transfer to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until aromatic and the coconut is golden brown. Once done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, and remember to keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
Meanwhile, for the apple berry filling, melt your coconut oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the diced green apple and pan fry, stirring and turning often to get good coverage, about 3 to 4 minutes. Once the apple has softened slightly, add in the berries and stir well to combine. Add the sweetener now too if using. Keep cooking, whilst stirring for 5 to 6 minutes until hot, any juices begun to thicken and reduce and everything is well combined.
Serve your ingredients layered in wide mouthed glass cups, bowls or ramequins. Start with a base of berries, with some crumble, then another layer of berries, then finally a topping of crumble. Enjoy warm immediately after making.
Make the Crumble
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius)
Cut the apples into wedges, about 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) or smaller. Place the apples in a bowl and pour the lemon juice over the pieces (this will keep them fresher and prevent them from browning).
Add two tablespoons of brown sugar and one teaspoon of cinnamon and mix. Place in a glass ovenproof bowl (such as Pyrex), cover, and put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Remove, add the blueberries, and mix.
In another mixing bowl, mix the flour, two tablespoons of brown sugar, and two teaspoons of cinnamon. Add oil and oats and mix with a spoon.
Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
To serve, scoop a serving of apple mixture into a bowl and top with crumble. Serve warm.
I like to mix tart apples like Granny Smith with sweet apples like Golden Delicious, so I can use less sugar. You can peel the apples if you&rsquod like, but it&rsquos not necessary &mdash and there&rsquos the fiber bonus if you leave the peels on!
The topping here is a great granola recipe. It&rsquos delicious over ice cream or mixed into yogurt or cereal. You can also add walnuts, if you&rsquod like.
If you prefer to bake the apples and crumble together, place them in a dish (apples on bottom, crumble on top) and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the topping is brown and the apples are cooked through.
Can I use fresh fruit?
Of course! However, frozen berries are such a game changer. They tend to be cheaper and they are already mixed together so there is virtully no prep with frozen berries, just toss them in the ingredients and your filling is prepared.
Can I substitute the oats?
Yes, oats can be substituted for crushed almond slivers, crunchy granola or museli.
Can I use honey instead of sugar?
If you are looking to make a healthier version of this berry crumble then you can use honey as a natural sweetner.
You now can make a delicious berry crumble without having to worry about the berries being in season. Frozen fruit works perfectly in this dessert. I hope you have a great time baking this dessert and enjoy it with the special people in your life.