April 10, 2014
Sweet and spicy, this smoothie is guaranteed to perk you up and give you a boost of energy.
Read more about How to Make Kale Smoothies You Actually Want to Drink
Learn How to Make a Smoothie.
Calories Per Serving
- ½ Cup strawberries
- ½ Cup coconut water
- 2 Teaspoons flax seeds
- ½ Cup romaine lettuce
- 1 Cup kale
- ½ Cup pineapple
- ½ jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
Calories Per Serving158
Folate equivalent (total)169µg42%
Have a question about the nutrition data? Let us know.
Cherries are the secret ingredient in this cool and nutty smoothie from the book Real Paleo Fast & Easy. They contain antioxidants that can reduce belly fat, reduce muscle aches and promote healthy sleep patterns. They’re also naturally sweet, and give this smoothie a vibrant pink color. Garnish it with chopped almonds for a nuttier flavor and crunchy consistency.
Get the recipe here.
Photo by Kris Osborne
Add ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Recipe: All Day Energy Smoothie
Serving in this recipe: 1
|Total Fat: 3.1 g||4.8%|
|Saturated Fat: 0.5 g||2.6%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 107.3 mg||4.5%|
|Total Carbs: 71.9 g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber: 8.6 g||34.2%|
|Sugar: 41.1 g|
|Protein: 6.4 g||12.9%|
|Vitamin A: 3.3%||Vitamin C: 160.9%|
|Calcium: 13.2%||Iron: 10.5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (150 g) green grapes
- 1 (130 g) medium orange, peeled, quartered
- 1 (100 g) small banana, peeled
- ½ (90 g) Bartlett pear, cored
- 1 cup (60 g) kale
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Energizing Kale Smoothie
You may be accustomed to using avocado in salads and guacamole its creamy richness pairs well with fruit and greens for a filling breakfast treat, too.
Superfood Energizer Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup tropical fruit (pineapple, mango, papaya or a combo)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
No add-ons necessary :) If there’s an ingredient or two you’d like to include, go for it.
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth. If you don’t have a very powerful blender and your coconut oil is in liquid form, you might want to blend everything except the coconut oil first, then drizzle it on and blend for another 5-10 seconds to avoid clumping.
- Calories: 534
- Fat: 31g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 38g
- Vitamin A: 92% RDA
- Vitamin C: 282% RDA
- Vitamin K: 414% RDA
- Calcium: 31% RDA
- Iron: 21% RDA
I’d love to know if you tried this superfood energizer smoothie and what you thought of it – please do tell in the comments below. Happy Blending!
Check Out Our Blender Reviews!
Are you getting serious about your smoothie making? Make sure you have a blender that loves you back! Checkout the reviews here!
How To Make Meal Prep Smoothie Packs:
You guys know I’m a huge fan of meal prep to make life easier, especially when it comes to getting out the door in the morning.
Enter make-ahead, meal prep smoothie packs!
All you have to do is grab your pre-prepped smoothie pack from the freezer, dump it into your blender, add your liquid base and blend!
Here’s how I personally make meal prep smoothie packs for this kale pineapple smoothie recipe:
- Reusable Food Storage Bags. I personally love using these stasher reusable silicon food bags that are freezer-friendly (as well as microwave and dishwasher friendly too). But you can always use whatever sandwich-sized or quart-sized, ziplock freezer bags you have on hand.
- Ingredients. Add the pineapple, I use already frozen pineapple but you could use fresh too, kale, and avocado to your smoothie pack. DO NOT add coconut oil or water/coconut water liquid base. You’ll add the liquid when you’re actually making the smoothie. This is why I personally love using coconut butter instead of coconut oil for this kale pineapple smoothie because you can add the coconut butter to the smoothie pack pack eliminating one more step when you actually make the smoothie.
- Storage + How to Blend. Seal your smoothie pack and add it to your freezer. When you’re ready to actually make the smoothie all you have to do is — grab your pre-prepped smoothie pack from the freezer, dump it into your blender, add your liquid base and add any additional powders or oils you didn’t include in the smoothie pack, and blend!
I also love making meal prep smoothie packs with this Spinach + Berry Breakfast Smoothie Recipe.
6 Smoothies You Can Drink for Breakfast and Spike for Happy Hour
This smoothie is a favorite at the W Vieques Retreat & Spa on Vieques Island off the coast of Puerto Rico.
Recipe for 1 glass&mdashblend together:
Add a dash of cayenne pepper, garnish with carrot.
To spike, add 1 ½ oz vodka.
For hydration under the sun, the property's Biekes Detox features agua de coco (coconut water), celery, pineapple, and apple garnished with fresh coconut.
Recipe for 1 glass&mdashblend together:
Blend and garnish with fresh coconut shavings.
To spike, add 1 ½ oz pineapple vodka or rum.
Overlooking panoramic views of Biscayne Bay, travelers staying at Conrad Miami can tap into the Miami lifestyle by ordering the Cleanse and Detox Smoothie that boasts flax seed, apple, spinach, celery, parsley, cinnamon and water.
Recipe for 4 glasses&mdashblend together:
Lemon Juice from 2 Lemons
To spike, add 1 ½ oz tequila or fruit vodka to each glass.
Featured by the Conrad Miami, this refreshing berry smoothie is refreshing and smooth&ndashperfect for relaxing by the beach (or in your apartment).
Recipe for 3 glasses&mdashblend together:
Blend all of the ingredients and garnish with a sliced strawberry, blueberry, and micro green.
To spike, add 3 oz vanilla vodka.
Led by Chef Matthew Byrne, Tiger Woods' former private chef, Hilton West Palm Beach offers vitamin-rich smoothies for guests, sourced from area farms and marketplaces with local fruits, veggies and herbs. Highlights include a sleep-inducing blend of kale, spinach, green apple, coco water, avocado, and energizing mixed berry blend with orange juice.
Recipe for 4 glasses&mdashblend together:
Blend ingredients vigorously.
To spike, add 1 ½ oz grapefruit-infused vodka (we like Indian River Grapefruit vodka) or plain vodka to each glass.
Set on a 1,100-acre rainforest, Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort fuses tropical fruits from Costa Rica in its SIBO Smoothie. Crafting a potassium-packed concoction, the smoothie features papaya, banana, pineapple, spinach, beets, and orange juice.
Green smoothie ingredients
kale : kale is filled with nutrients but often gets a bad rap for being bitter. The key here is that we are using sweet and tropical fruits to balance out the flavors so that it is delicious!
fresh ginger : I love adding fresh ginger to a smoothie for an added &ldquozing&rdquo as well as all of the health benefits that it brings.
oranges : the strong fresh taste of citrus-y oranges is just what this smoothie needs to offset the taste of the kale. Added bonus is the all the vitamin c!
lemon : lemon is a great way to detox and tastes so refreshing in this kale smoothie!
frozen banana : frozen bananas are a staple in smoothie recipes. They add a lovely mellow sweetness and thick texture.
frozen peaches &ndash pair perfectly with the citrus fruits and add a bit of sweetness.
cold water &ndash did you know you can make a smoothie without milk ? There is no need for milk in this recipe!
ice &ndash optional but a great way to make this smoothie super thick, which is my favorite way to drink them.
Through trial and error I have discovered the perfect way to make a green smoothie that is both delicious and full of good for you ingredients.
No one should have to drink something that doesn&rsquot taste good!
This kale smoothie tastes like a tropical treat and is seriously so refreshing.
This is the ultimate immune boosting drink to help fight colds.
Filled with ginger, loads of vitamin c, lemon, and kale goodness.
To make this smoothie, you will need a high speed blender.
I use a blendtec for this recipe.
Kale especially needs a high powered blender to blend it up smoothly.
It basically tastes like a tropical smoothie.
And it&rsquos guaranteed to make you feel like a million bucks!
I could drink this smoothie every day and never get sick of it.
Perfect to get your family more greens, or use as a cold fighter.
We always feel so much better after a hit of fresh ginger and oranges and so many nutrients all packed up in one smoothie.
High Protein Blueberry Kale Smoothie
- Author: Krista
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1 x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
This quick, easy and healthy protein shake is fruity and delicious! Fuel your body with energy and nutrients by enjoying a High Protein Blueberry Kale Smoothie.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh kale
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: protein smoothie recipes, kale smoothie, blueberry smoothie, protein shake recipes, best protein shake, healthy smoothie, easy smoothie recipe