Honey Mustard Salmon - this easy baked salmon recipe is an easy, delicious way to dress up salmon fillets! Takes only 20 minutes start to finish.
Photography Credit:Elise Bauer
Featured in 12 Easy Recipes for New Cooks
Take one part honey, one part Dijon mustard, mix, and now you have one of the most versatile sauces possible, for chicken, ham, corned beef, and in this case, baked honey mustard salmon. This baked salmon recipe never fails.
It’s one of those couldn’t-be-easier, how-to-impress-without-doing-much baked salmon recipes. Takes 10 minute to prep, and 10 minutes to bake the salmon in the oven.
VIDEO! How to Make Honey Mustard Salmon
This video is part of our Simply Kids Cook YouTube series. Head over there to see more videos in the series.
Tips for Baked Salmon
- First, use good quality salmon. That cheapest fillet at the fish counter that looks like it’s seen better days, has seen better days. There is nothing you can do to improve old fish. How do you tell? The best way is to smell it. If it smells strongly of fish (or something worse), don’t buy it. I’ve actually taken fish back to the market that didn’t smell right when I took it out of the package. Trust me, you don’t want to eat it.
- Second, don’t overcook the salmon! It’s so easy to do. Do not bake the salmon until it is completely flaking apart, that’s overdone. When baked salmon fillets come out of the oven they should still be just a little bit rare in the center. They’ll continue to cook in the residual heat and be perfect when you go to eat them.
Honey Mustard Baked Salmon Recipe
If you don't have already prepared honey mustard, just combine equal amounts of honey and Dijon mustard.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds (680 to 900g) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard (1 1/2 Tbsp honey plus 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided 2 T and 1 T)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of salt
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
2 In a small bowl, whisk together the honey mustard, garlic, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and salt.
3 Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Brush the salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil. Place fillets skin-side down (if your fillets have skin-on) on the foil-lined pan. Use a basting brush to coat the top side of the fillets with the honey mustard mixture.
4 Place in oven and bake at 400°F (205°C) for 8 to 10 minutes, until just barely cooked through (please don't overcook salmon!). It's okay if the salmon is still a little rare in the center, when you remove it from the oven, the residual heat will cook it through.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!