Delicious crab salad! with hazelnuts and chopped pear, served on a bed of butter lettuce.
Photography Credit:Elise Bauer
Most crab lovers know that fresh crab pairs well with avocado. But have you ever tried it with roasted hazelnuts (also called Filberts)?
Roasted hazelnuts have a naturally buttery flavor that goes beautifully with shellfish like crab and lobster.
The idea for this salad came from a crab hazelnut pear appetizer I had that was prepared by Oregon chef Jason Stoller Smith.
Crab Salad with Pear and Hazelnuts Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 firm, but sweet pears, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or 3 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large pieces of butter lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
In a medium sized bowl mix the hazelnuts, celery, pear, onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, ground pepper, and salt.
Gently fold in the lump crab meat, trying not to break up the crab too much.
Make individual servings, about a half cup each over a piece of butter lettuce.
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!