- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
Brussel sprouts are boiled until tender, then tossed in melted butter and seasoned breadcrumbs. Serve as a side dish with your next Sunday lunch.
11 people made this
- 20 Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 110g Italian herb seasoned dry breadcrumbs
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and cook until tender enough to easily pierce with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a serving dish and toss with melted butter to coat. Stir in the breadcrumbs gently until evenly distributed.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (7)
Very fast and easy alternative to plain brussels sprouts. The crumbs don't really stick, so I sprinkle some extra on top. The added flavor is a nice change. I like these with crushed garlic croutons too.-14 Dec 2007
by Sherry R
I haven't tried this recipe but my mother used to make this when I was a kid, except she added some minced garlic. Maybe this recipe is the reason I grew up loving brussel sprouts!-25 Jan 2009
Such a simple recipe. I've been looking for creative, easy ways to change up brussel sprouts...My huband LOVES them this way and has requested them again and agin. So simple & Tasty, you can't go wrong.-18 Nov 2010