We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes in puree
- 1/4t cup za'atar (about 1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 4 3/4- to 1-inch-thick lamb shoulder blade chops
Place tomatoes with puree in large saucepan. Add za'atar, 2 tablespoons oil, and garlic. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Stir until sauce thickens, crushing tomatoes, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and sauté until browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Spoon warm sauce over lamb; serve.