A very tasty appetizer ...
- 200 gr sliced feta cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 bag of breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons flour
- a pinch of salt
- palm oil for frying (or any vegetable oil)
Preparation time: less than 15 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Snitel feta cheese:
Take the slices of feta cheese and roll them in the beaten egg with very little salt.
Mix the flour with the breadcrumbs in a bowl and roll each slice after passing it through the egg.
Fry on both sides and serve.
Baked Pasta with Feta Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes
Today we will do Baked Pasta with Feta Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes. This recipe is very popular on tiktok, because it is made very easily and quickly. It tastes very good and is made with few ingredients.
500 grams of Easter (I used fusilli)
750 grams of cherry tomatoes
250 grams of feta cheese
4-5 cloves garlic cut in half
100 ml of olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
In a pan put the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. With a spoon, mix well enough to combine the spices. In the middle of the tray, between the tomatoes, put the feta cheese and sprinkle it with a little olive oil.
Put everything in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 30-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes become soft and break, and the cheese takes on color on top.
Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package. I boiled them for 11 minutes in a pot of boiling water in which I put a tablespoon of salt.
As soon as we take the tomatoes and cheese out of the oven, we break them with a spoon enough to combine the cheese with the tomatoes and form a sauce.
Over the sauce we put the cooked pasta and drained of liquid. We mix everything well.
Easter is ready! Look how good it looks! The cheese and tomatoes formed an absolutely wonderful sauce that covered the pasta. It was done very easily and quickly.
Lebanese glue pie
& # 8211 4 Lebanese sticks, 100 g Feta cheese, 100 g mortadella, 2 tablespoons ground red peppers, 2 tablespoons granulated peanuts, 1 teaspoon dried dill, 25 g margarine
Crush the cheese, mix with the peppers to form a paste with which we grease 3 sticks on one side. Cover each stick with slices of mortadella and sprinkle with peanuts, a total of one tablespoon.
We place them on top of each other, the last one being the one not smeared with paste and we press. Wallpaper a round tray with baking paper. Melt the margarine, grease the "pie" obtained on the outside and place in the pan. Sprinkle dill and 1 tablespoon of peanuts on top.
Cover with aluminum foil. Put in the preheated oven over high heat (200) for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and keep in the oven for a few minutes until the edges start to brown. Remove to a plate, portion and serve.
Good appetite! (if you liked it leave a comment)
The best and tastiest pasta sauce?
The pasta recipe recipe with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes is one of the simplest I've prepared so far. You need cherry tomatoes, the best you can find. However, during this period, they are the sweetest and tastiest anyway. Try to have a red color as intense as possible and be firm to the touch. Use extra virgin olive oil because it is both healthy and tasty. The girl must be from the Greek one and don't confuse her with danish cheese. That is a cheese wrongly labeled as feta and has nothing to do with it. On the packaging of the cheese we have to see the PDO marking, this will ensure the quality and confirm that it is authentic from Greece.
After the sauce for this pasta recipe with feta cheese and cherry tomatoes is ready, mix everything well with a spoon. You need to get a creamy and very tasty sauce. Then add fresh basil or even parsley. Don't forget to clean the garlic cloves as well. In this sauce you can put any kind of pasta you want. I used pens but any others are very good. Of course you can omit pasta and add grilled meat, fish or seafood. With shrimp this sauce is wonderful, as well as with grilled vegetables. Honestly, it is a recipe that you must try and I assure you that you will like it too! It goes perfectly with a lemonade cold!
Retete feta cheese
Here you will find recipes with feta cheese ideal for a quick meal. Learn how to prepare delicious feta cheese by consulting Qbebe recipes.
Food type +
- Aperitifs (247)
- Drinks (60)
- Soups (61)
- Desserts (362)
- Dishes (678)
- Seals (75)
- Masonry and bricklaying (12)
- Salads (195)
- Sauces (66)
- Soups (121)
- Bread (18)
- Mamaliga (6)
- Finger Food (413)
Method of preparation +
After season +
The main ingredient -
- Meat (469)
- Fruit (374)
- Dairy products (500)
- Milk (148)
- Yogurt (61)
- Smantana (114)
- Cheese (147)
- Cheese, soft (67)
- Gorgonzola (9)
- Mozzarella (25)
Preparation time +
By origin +
- Romanesti (113)
- Italian (168)
- Greek (19)
- American (39)
- Bulgaria (2)
- French (26)
- Chinese (19)
- Indian (22)
- Turkish (17)
- Mexican (12)
- Spanish (8)
- Hungarian (2)
After the occasion +
After meal time +
Other features +
Ingredients Viennese schnitzel authentic recipe
- 750 & # 8211 800 grams of beef / veal, which can be a piece of veal / veal antricot, but also walnut or white brine (the last two are portions of the pulp, several about the different pieces of beef in this article & # 8211 click)
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- oil / oil and butter / lard for frying schnitzel, to be in abundance, at least half a liter of fat
Pané schnitzel & # 8211 which means “pané” and where it comes from
The method by which a authentic Viennese schnitzel It is breading, that is, dressing in bread.
The term "pané" comes from the French language, from the verb basket, which means to cover with bread and refers to pieces of food. In DEX we find a very clear definition, which leaves little room for interpretation:
Therefore, there are no "breads" without bread, which, of course, is used dry, ie breadcrumbs.
Viennese Snitel authentic recipe & # 8211 slicing and preparing meat
1. As I specified from the list of ingredients, for Viennese schnitzel is suitable meat from young beef tenderloin but also from those pieces of the leg that have less connective tissue, such as walnuts and white brine. For these beef slices, I used white veal antricot, a piece of 750 grams, more than enough for 4 large schnitzels.
The way the meat is cut, well cleaned of skins, for schnitzel, is known as "butterfly cutting". Cut a slice of about 2 cm. thickness, without completely detaching it, leaving at the base a portion of meat about 2 cm thick that connects with the large piece.
2. The next cut is made 2 cm from the first, this time completely detaching the meat. In this way, a slice of meat is obtained that unfolds like a "butterfly". After being beaten and thinned, the shape of the slice of meat will allow us to get a round schnitzel.
How to beat the meat correctly for the snits
1. Slice veal slices with a special meat hammer. There is no need, moreover, it is not even advisable to use a hammer with "spikes" (sorry, I do not know how to call those bumps). These unevenness can tear the piece of meat, so a hammer with a smooth surface is more suitable. You can also use the hammer with the uneven surface, if we beat gently, without hitting too hard. It is best to protect the slice of meat that we beat with a sturdy plastic wrap, as seen below.
2. Beat the slice of meat on the entire surface, circularly, returning several times, until it thins well. Finally, we need to have some 4-5 mm slices. thickness.
3. If the slice of meat broke during the battery, it can be easily repaired. Fold the torn edges inwards, cover with plastic wrap and beat lightly, until the “defect” is repaired and the slice of meat is round and good-looking.
Seasoning the schnitzel
Before moving on, the slices of meat already prepared as we showed in the previous steps are seasoned. Sprinkle each slice with salt and pepper and build on top of each other.
1. We do not start work until we have prepared, so that we have at hand, all the necessary for baking:
- In a plate, we put the flour, about 4 tablespoons with a tip for the beginning, being able to complete if it is consumed
- break the eggs in a deep plate, add a pinch of salt and beat them with a fork until they liquefy and form a little foam
- In a third plate we put the breadcrumbs, enough to dress the meat well
- the spicy slices of meat are built on top of each other and placed so that we have them at hand
- we also prepare a flat plate or a tray on which to place the schnitzels after baking
2. In the picture below you can see what my setup looks like, every time I make the schnitzel: on the left I place the meat and flour, in the middle the beaten eggs, on the right I place the breadcrumbs and even more on the right the tray on which I place the ready schnitzels to fry.
Note: when you make schnitzel it is very annoying that your hands are loaded with layers of flour and breadcrumbs, well glued together with egg. In addition to the not at all pleasant sensation, this also makes working harder and inaccurate.
In order to never load your hands during baking, choose with which hand you will touch the dry substances and with which the wet ones. I use my left hand to touch meat and eggs and my right hand to flour and breadcrumbs.
I'm used to working like this and I like it, because I don't have to stop working dozens of times to remove the thick layers of breadcrumbs and flour from my hands.
Way of working
3. So, with my left hand, I grabbed the slice of meat, which is wet, and placed it on the plate with flour. Next, I worked with my right hand: I rolled up the slice of meat well and shook it from the excess flour.
4. I moved, holding it with my right hand, the slice of meat on top of the plate of beaten eggs and let it slide into it. Next, I rolled the slice with my left hand, the eggs being wet. I made sure not to leave any dry pieces on the slice of meat. I drained the egg well on the plate before moving on.
5. I moved the slice of meat over the plate of breadcrumbs with my left hand and left it lightly. Always be careful not to touch the breadcrumbs or flour with your left hand so that they do not stick to your hands! With my right hand I rolled in breadcrumbs the meat previously given through the egg. I gently shook the slices, which do not need to be pressed, so that the crust does not become too hard, and I placed them on the tray, in a safe layer.
Classical cooking method
After baking, the beef slices are fried in fat, which is traditionally a mixture of butter and lard, but a vegetable oil can also be used as well. If a correct frying technique is used, we should not get greasy schnitzels, but some with a crispy and reddish crust.
Most of the time, I use oil to fry schnitzels. This time, I really wanted to do everything by the book, so I used a mixture of lard and butter. The schnitzels fried in this mixture of fats have an extraordinary taste, but the ones in oil are also good. It is important that the hot layer of the pan / saucepan in which we will fry the schnitzels is 4-5 cm. deep. Thus, the schnitzels floating in the hot fat will cook very quickly, without absorbing much of it.
1. To fry the schnitzels we need a pan or a pan not too high, with a thicker bottom. This, once well heated, will keep a constant temperature. Put the pan on medium-high heat and heat well, until it starts to smoke barely noticeable. Add the oil, or in my case, the lard. If butter is added, it will be one with 82% fat. Add the butter to the pan after the oil or lard is already hot, so that it does not burn. To fry these schnitzels, I used 150 grams of lard and 150 grams of butter. If I had used oil, I would have needed 400-500 ml.
2. In order for the schnitzels to fry quickly, at the same time without burning, it is important that the fat is hot enough. The correct frying temperature is 170-180 ° C. In the absence of an instant reading thermometer, you can approximate by dipping the tail of a wooden spoon into oil. If playful air bubbles start around it, then the oil is hot enough. Therefore, we will fry the schnitzel when the fat is hot enough. We fry a schnitzel once (if it is big) or more, if they are smaller, but in no case do we crowd them. To shorten the cooking time even more, after frying it, we pour hot fat, with a spoon, over the exposed surface of the schnitzel.
3. After about 1-2 minutes, as soon as the bottom of the schnitzel turns golden, it turns. Fry for about 1 minute, during which time it will brown on the other side as well. Frying a large schnitzel, 160-200 grams, with a diameter of 18-20 cm, should not take more than 3-4 minutes. As the meat is tender and very thin, it will be ready very quickly.
4. Remove the fried schnitzels immediately and place them on a sheet with a double layer of kitchen paper to drain off excess fat.
How to serve for Viennese schnitzel
These breaded beef slices are served hot as a main course. I know there are many who like the cold schnitzel, but I'm not one of them. After they cool, the schnitzels no longer have such a crispy crust and this crust is the reason I love them.
Classically, in the Austrian capital, this Viennese schnitzel is served with a potato salad. He never lacks a slice of lemon, cut in the shape of a crescent. Sprinkle the hot schnitzel with lemon and eat it with the delicious potato salad, with mustard dressing. It is a very, very tasty combination that Viennese people still enjoy eating today. This is despite the fact that more than 180 years have passed since the Viennese schnitzel was first recorded in writing!
Of course, other gaskets are also suitable for this Viennese schnitzel. Most often, I serve it to the family with a green salad with light vinaigrette. A salad of vegetables goes well, as in the first image of the article. But we never miss the lemon slice, because we only live in little Vienna! May it be useful to you!
Recipes with feta cheese
Next, we'll show you two simple recipes with feta cheese so you can start incorporating this food into your weekly diet.
Feta cheese can be prepared in the oven, similar to Italian provolone cheese. With a simple combination of spices such as oregano, thyme and pepper and an olive oil sauce, you will get a very tasty meal!
All you have to do is put the cheese with spices and olive oil in the oven for 8 minutes at a temperature of 200 ° C (400 ° F), with heat from above and below. When you take the preparation out of the oven, we recommend that you sprinkle it again with a little olive oil.
Salads are a great excuse to eat feta cheese. Cut the cheese into small cubes and add it to your favorite combination of salad ingredients.
After that, add olive oil and vinegar to get a delicious and nutritious salad. If you want to increase the protein content even more, add a can of tuna.
The benefits of feta cheese
As you can see, feta cheese is a very beneficial dairy product for health when consumed regularly. Its content of proteins, fats and micronutrients make it a food able to meet daily nutritional requirements and help prevent various diseases.
Feta cheese is a very versatile product and can be prepared in different ways. On the one hand, you can consume it as the main ingredient. On the other hand, you can use it as a side dish to give a note of acidity to other dishes. Now you know everything about feta cheese!
Whatever the case, eat feta cheese every week. You will not regret!
STUDY. "Intermittent fasting" & # 8211 the solution to a balanced health
If we eat during a day in an interval of only 6-8 hours, abstaining from food for the rest of the day, we could be healthier and live longer, is the conclusion of a team of American researchers from Johns University Hopkins, Maryland.
"Intermittent fasting", as the study's authors called this daily diet program, triggers a metabolic change through which the body consumes its fat reserves and turns them into energy. Thus, it becomes more resistant to stress and reduces the risk of getting sick, including cancer or obesity, and in addition, we can enjoy a longer life.
The inhabitants of the Japanese island of Okinawa, in the East China Sea, have the highest life expectancy globally and an excellent state of health, which allows them to be independent until old age. Their regular diet is low in calories, but rich in nutrients.
The study by researchers at Johns Hopkins University, published by "The New England Journal of Medicine" and taken over by CNN, blames the longevity of Okinawan residents on their habit of not eating anything for up to 18 hours a day. This daily diet program would have the ability to regulate blood sugar levels. In another study, conducted in 2018 on a small sample, three men with type II diabetes no longer needed medication after losing weight, respecting this program of "intermittent fasting". It is an encouraging result, which practically dismantles what was previously believed, namely that diabetes is an incurable disease.
Patients who followed this type of regimen developed greater resistance to stress, through an increase in the brain's ability to adapt to experience (neuroplasticity). In the case of the elderly who observed the daily periods of fasting, there was an improvement in verbal memory compared to the subjects not included in this program. However, more research is needed to better understand the long-term effects of "intermittent fasting". Clinical trials conducted by American researchers have focused only on overweight young and middle-aged adults, so the benefits and safety cannot be generalized to other age groups.
The regular food program generally includes three main meals a day and one or two snacks between them. Concentrating the three meals and snacks in a maximum of 8 hours a day is, it seems, for many of us a rather difficult goal. The appearance of hunger causes irritability and lack of concentration, which could discourage us from changing our eating habits.
When the brain transmits the sensation of hunger, the hypothalamus, where the nerve centers of hunger are located, releases hormones that cause appetite. Thus, the temptation to eat more than we need appears. But it is not an insurmountable obstacle, if we have the patience and will to change our lunch hours, say the American specialists. Feeling hungry and irritated are normal in this situation, and they usually disappear in two weeks or at most a month, as the body gets used to the new diet.
Everything about feta cheese plus 10 original Greek recipes
Thank you for subscribing to the news by email.
Something didn't work. Try again.
♥ A Google Feedburner product
Feta cheese is a type of traditional Greek cheese made from sheep's milk or a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk.
The main feature of feta cheese is that it is pickled or pickled. The salting process gives it a salty, spicy taste and a crumbly consistency.
Feta cheese can be served as table cheese, used in tasty baked goods or served as an appetizer or in salads. The classic Greek salad is made with feta cheese. Feta cheese and spinach are often presented together in Greek recipes such as the traditional Spanakopita, which is a pie with spinach and feta cheese baked in pie dough.
Feta cheese is usually sold packaged in water or sometimes in oil. If it is taken out of the water for too long it is a good idea to rinse, pack and store in fresh water.
25 g of feta cheese contains 75 calories and 6.93 grams of fat, of which 4.23 grams are saturated. It is recommended that you limit your intake of saturated fats to 10 percent or less of the total number of calories you consume in a single day.
Careful! 25g of feta cheese contains 316 milligrams of sodium. A healthy adult should limit their sodium intake to 2.3 milligrams or less per day. Too much sodium can lead to an increased risk of stroke, kidney disease, high blood pressure and co-management heart failure.
Feta cheese also contains calcium. At the same time if you serve feta cheese it contains vitamin B12 which helps in the production of red blood cells which helps the brain to function normally. Feta cheese also contains small amounts of iron, folic acid and vitamin D.
Feta cheese is used in some really tasty dishes that are worth trying.
And if I said so much about it, and you got tired of its presence, here are some of these recipes with feta cheese and the exclusive way of cooking & # 8230
Method of preparation
Put the bacon slices on the grill, to make them a little crispy, then cut a slice into 2-3 pieces
Rice salad with surimi
- boil the rice & icircn water with salt and a little oil after boiling, & icircl cool